Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Visit to the S.C. State Capitol -- Party 6



Dome of the S.C. Capitol Building:


These stars mark the spot -- :-) -- of cannon ball hits on the capitol during the Civil War. That's it for my visit to the S.C. State Capitol. I had a nice time.






9 comments:

  1. Preety cool! Wish I could have gone with you. Do you think those chipped out chunks are from a cannon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My security word I had to post to post :) was "finga" Is your site giving me the finga? How rude! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like that star up there ... the colors/contrast really stand out! Another chunk missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) LOL @ m site giving you the finga. I didn't notice those chunks so much when I was taking the photos. They are pretty cool.

    I don't know if those are chunks from original cannon strikes from Sherman's cannons. I am glad he didn't burn the capitol to the ground like many of the other buildings.

    Thanks for the compliment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the point of view from the one right above!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful pictures Diane. There is so much history in all of them!

    The pink rudbeckia and the purple flower are great shots ... very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pics of the capitol and the cannon shots from that scoundrel sherman in the northern war of aggression.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you TwoWalks! I enjoy history a lot. I just watched the best documentary on The History Channel called "America: The Story of Us." If you haven't seen it and enjoy history, I highly recommend it.

    LOL Brian! You are so funny. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Diane ... I love history and watch the History channel a lot of the time. I will check it out.

    as a side note: HAPPY 50TH BRIAN!!

    ReplyDelete