Today was a day of nothing planned for me. Brian, Sr. has been away on a golfing trip and Brian, Jr. headed off to Bonnaroo (a music festival). Brittany and Derrick are busy situating themselves in their new home in West Ashley in Charleston. So, I decided I would head out on a beautiful day to visit the grounds of the State Capitol. There was not much humidity at all when I set out, but boy did it heat up!
I'll post some photos from the visit. It was a fun time. These aren't for class or anything -- just for self entertainment. I'm going to occasionally set out and about with my camera to discover exactly what is worth seeing in Columbia and other places in South Carolina.
I missed my last class in the "Introduction to Digital Photography" course, but will be signing up for a new class soon. For a little while, however, I'm going to practice. Don't forget to double-click on the photos if you want to see them full size.
These pretty pink rudbeckia were one of the first things that greeted me when I got out of car on the street running beside the State House grounds:

It has been a while -- years -- since I've been to the State House. I used to eat lunch on the benches there when I worked at the McNair Law Firm across the street. I stopped working there when I turned 25 or 26, so it's been a while.
In any event, the African American History Monument is pretty cool. Here's some info if you'd like to read up on it:
http://www.usca.edu/aasc/African-AmericanMonument.htm


Are those cone flowers? So pretty!
ReplyDeleteYes -- they're called purple coneflowers or rudbeckia. I really like them also. :-)
ReplyDelete