I'm not sure what this plant is called, but it looks like some tall pointy grass on the outside and then these huge white blooms come up in the middle. It's taller than me. I stooped down on my knee and shot up at it, blurring the background. That's sky, clouds and trees back there though. Ahhhh, I just googled because it struck me I think it's called a yucca plant. That's it.
And I snuck up on another egret birdie. :-) He flew away and I caught him doing that also, but didn't like where he ended up in the frame. I'm sure he was thinking, "Buzz off lady!"
Oh, what the heck -- I'll post his getaway also:
That's it for today. There was a deer on the bicycle path, but he didn't feel like hanging out. A lot of times the deer at Kiawah are downright creepy -- they don't run away and just stand by the paths staring. I thought one was going to attack one time. lol I also saw an alligator right by the edge of the lagoon, but I was alone and just wasn't getting a good vibe -- so I left him alone.

All pretty! Looking good! Like the point of view (1st). Little birdie let you get pretty close to him before he flew away :) Their little legs are so elegant! Love them!
ReplyDeleteThank you Carla! The yucca plants are pretty when they're blooming. I didn't see the little birdie when I was walking on the deck at first. I glanced over and there he sat. :-) Their legs are cool. I enjoy all the birds. I need a zoom lens! There was a cool big bird out on a piece of driftwood, but he was too far away.
ReplyDeleteWhat is your kit lens?
ReplyDeleteEF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
ReplyDeleteStill waiting for the ground level gator pic : )
ReplyDeleteKeep waiting Brian!! Why does that say you posted at 4:25 a.m.? :-O
ReplyDeleteThere's no way I posted at 6:31 a.m. either -- I'd better check my time period setting.
Wow - You are a fantastic photographer. The pictures are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThanks TwoWalks! I have no idea what I'm doing yet. :-D
ReplyDeleteThat only proves you have a great eye for photography, a natural!
ReplyDelete