Sunday, May 2, 2010

A few more shots from my Lesson 1 Homework Assignment

This is me using a high shutter speed (Tv 1/1000) to catch Brian's golf swing in action -- stopping the action.
And this was a slow shutter speed to motion blur. I like the way the dirt is coming up and if you enlarge the photo, you can see the graduations of the club moving and that white streak is the ball. If you're not a golfer, look at where the dirt begins to move -- that's the point of impact with the ball and the ball shoots up at an angle from that point. From reading, I've learned in order to take photos at such slow shutter speeds and blur motion, I need a tripod for optimal photos. In any event, I obviously need some practice with blur the motion type photos!
The daylily photo above was taken with a shallow depth of field to allow the actual daylily to be more sharply focused and the background to be slightly blurred. (F4.5, ISO 100, Tv 1/500)


Then the photo below was taken with a maximum depth of field so the background would be more sharply focused, but I feel the daylily is too blurry so perhaps (ha!) that is an operator error. :-)
(F29, ISO 100, Tv 1/8)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Hibs! You are doing great to be just starting! I am looking forward to watching you evolve with your photography!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy! Glad to see you here! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the camera setting you use to give me a full head of hair :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha,ha Brian -- I will need to purchase Photoshop for that. :-D

    ReplyDelete