Saturday, May 22, 2010

Light and Lighting......

This past Tuesday's class was on the importance of light and lighting in photography.

The four fundamental qualities of light are intensity, color, direction and contrast....

We also discussed using an electronic flash (both built-in and add-on), modifying light and white balance.

My homework this week is to:

1) Shoot one subject outside in open shade setting the camera to these white balance settings:

a) Sunny
b) Cloudy
c) Open Shade
d) Tungsten
e) Fluorescent
f) Sodium vapor (if available -- and I don't think it is on my camera)
g) flash

I'm also to do the above at night under artificial light......

and,

2) Shoot a subject in hard (high contrast) light (i.e., sunny mid-day) with

a) No reflector
b) White foam core
c) using flash

I'm working on it.........

In the mean time, I did take a pretty photo of an egret today and converted it to black and white because I preferred the photo that way.......

2 comments:

  1. I like reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. He just let me all but make out with him. I went back to the same place and I was amazed how close I could get to him. I will check to see if I got one single decent picture. ha,ha

    ReplyDelete